Privacy Agreement Last Updated: January 2018
Welcome to the Terms of Service Agreement for LYKEO, Inc. This agreement describes the terms on which you may access and use our services.
You must read, agree to, and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement in order to use our website located at www.lykeo.com, all affiliated websites, including mobile websites and applications, owned and operated by us, our predecessors or successors in interest, or our Affiliates (collectively, the “Site”), all services, applications and products that are accessible through the Site and all Lykeo mobile applications that link to or reference this Agreement (“Site Services”) whether provided by us or our Affiliates.
We reserve the right to modify this Agreement at any time, and without prior notice, by posting amended terms on this agreement. Your continued use of the LYKEO indicates your acceptance of the amended User Agreement.
Description of Service
We provide various website solutions for our customers, including but not limited to a market validation tool based on evaluation of value propositions. It consists of evaluating the potential market value of new concepts, designs, prototypes, technologies, business models, services, and products. The validation is provided by experts and companies are chosen by the proposition’s creator, with the help of our algorithm. Reviewers can be investors, executives, entrepreneurs, consultants, mentors or technicians.
The site, application and services comprise an online platform through which experts may create offers in order to provide advice to seekers. you understand and agree that LYKEO is not a party to any agreements entered into between members. LYKEO has no control over the conduct of members or other users of the site, application and services or any information provided in connection thereto, and disclaims all liability in this regard.
LYKEO’s role is solely to facilitate the availability of the Site, Application and Services and to provide services related thereto, such as experts proposition or payment integration. LYKEO does not provide and is not responsible for Member Content or any information or advice exchanged between Members. LYKEO does not verify the credentials of any of its Members. You understand and acknowledge that Experts are not employees or agents of LYKEO but are independent service providers using the Site, Application and Services to market their expertise to other Members and the public. You acknowledge that LYKEO will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information provided by Members.
Please note that, as stated above, the site, application and services are intended to be used to facilitate member interaction. LYKEO cannot and does not control or guarantee the content contained in any offer or the information exchanged between members via the services. you understand and acknowledge that LYKEO is not responsible for and disclaims any and all liability related to any and all offers and information provided under the services. accordingly, all members use the site, application and services at their own risk.
The LYKEO service is not available to minors under the age of 18 or to any users suspended or removed from the system by LYKEO for any reason. Additionally, users are prohibited from selling, trading, or otherwise transferring their LYKEO account to another party. If you do not qualify, you may not use the LYKEO service.
Use of Service
Your use of LYKEO is governed by this User Agreement. LYKEO may refuse service without prior notice to any user for any or no reason.
You may use the Services for your personal and business use or for internal business purpose in the organization that you represent, as long as you are in compliance with all provisions of this Agreement.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account with or without your knowledge. If you knowingly provide your login and password information to another person, your account privileges may be suspended temporarily or terminated. You agree to immediately notify LYKEO of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security LYKEO cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)
You agree to enter into a confidential relationship for the purpose of using the Validation Service of Lykeo. In order to achieve this purpose, you may acquire confidential and proprietary information of other users. In consideration of the foregoing, it is hereby agreed that:
- Confidential Information means all confidential and proprietary information which is disclosed by the proposers through the Validation Service.
- You agree not to use the Confidential Information for any purpose whatsoever except for the Validation process. You agree not to disclose the Confidential Information to any third person and only disclose the confidential information to its employees who have a need to know and who agree to keep such information confidential. You agree that it shall protect the confidentiality of, and take reasonable steps to prevent disclosure or unauthorized use of, the Confidential Information in order to prevent it from falling into the public domain or the possession of persons not legally bound to maintain its confidentiality. You will promptly advise the Proposer in writing of any misappropriation or misuse by any person of such Confidential Information and provide assistance to the injured party in any legal proceedings related thereto. You acknowledge that these obligations hereunder survive in accordance with the terms hereof, notwithstanding the termination of the Validation relationship for a period of two (2) years following the acceptance of the Agreement.
- No copies of any Confidential Information may be made except to implement the purposes of this Agreement. Any materials, documents, notes, memoranda, software code, drawings, sketches and other tangible items containing, consisting of or relating to the Confidential Information of the Proposer remain the property of the Proposer.
- Your obligations under this Agreement shall not apply to information which: (a) is known or is publicly available at the time of disclosure; (b) becomes publicly available after disclosure by the Proposer; (c) is hereafter rightfully furnished to you by a third party without restriction as to use or disclosure; (d) is disclosed with the prior written consent of the Proposer; (e) is information that was independently developed by you; or (f) is required to be disclosed pursuant to any judicial or administrative proceeding, provided that the receiving party promptly notifies the Proposer of such action and gives the disclosing party the opportunity to seek any legal remedies to maintain such information in confidence.
You agree that LYKEO may, with or without cause, immediately terminate your account and access to LYKEO services without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, the following will lead to a termination by LYKEO of a user’s account (a) breaches or violations of this User Agreement or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) a request by you (self-initiated account deletions), (d) unexpected technical issues or problems, and (e) extended periods of inactivity. Termination of your LYKEO account includes removal of access to all offerings within the LYKEO Service and may also bar you from further use of LYKEO. Furthermore, you agree that all terminations shall be made in LYKEO’s sole discretion and that LYKEO shall not be liable to you nor any third-party for any termination of your account or access to the LYKEO Service.
- You understand and agree not to use LYKEO to:
- Post content or initiate communications which are unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Use the LYKEO Service for any illegal purpose, including but not limited to conspiring to violate laws.
- Falsely state, impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting your current or previous positions and qualifications, or your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communications which include information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communication that infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation. This prohibition includes but is not limited to a) Using LYKEO invitations to send messages to people who are unlikely to recognize you as a known contact; b) Using LYKEO to connect to people who don’t know you and then sending unsolicited promotional messages to those direct connections without their permission; and c) Sending messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases, or group aliases.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Stalk or harass anyone.
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through the LYKEO Service.
- Post content in fields that aren’t intended for that content. Example: Putting an address in a name or title field.
- Interfere with or disrupt the LYKEO Service or servers or networks connected to the LYKEO Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the LYKEO Service.
Information Provided on this Website
In many ways, LYKEO also serves as a search engine that extracts and summarizes information from other sources across the Internet. This information may be inaccurate and we may make mistakes when extracting the information. LYKEO assumes no responsibility regarding the accuracy of the information that is provided by LYKEO. Once we have collected information about a person / company, we combine multiple mentions of the same person into an individual Profile. The resulting Web Summaries are then made available to the public through LYKEO. Additionally, LYKEO allows users to create and/or update their own Profile. Any information provided by a user to be part of his or her Profile will be available to the public as part of the LYKEO service. Users who create and/or update their own Profile can change or delete any information they provide if they choose to do so. Please use caution when posting personal identifiable information.
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all applicable local rules including but not limited to rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
Access to Service
Use of manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any web pages contained in the LYKEO website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to monitor or copy, or allow others to monitor or copy, our web pages or the content included herein. You also agree not to “frame” or otherwise simulate the appearance or function of this website. Furthermore, you agree not to take any action that interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, including but not limited to unsolicited communications, attempts to gain unauthorized access, or transmission or activation of computer viruses.
Uploaded Emails – Third Party Platforms
Growing your network often begins with inviting your existing contacts to join you on a new network like LYKEO. LYKEO simplifies the process by providing an automated way to invite multiple people across a variety of communication platforms (other social networks, email accounts, etc.). Note: LYKEO is not liable for any communication made between our users and members of other networks or the networks themselves. Invitations originating from LYKEO to people outside of the network at the request of our current users are done entirely independent of LYKEO and therefore absolve LYKEO from damages or complaints that may be brought by a recipient or third-party platform.
Monitoring and Enforcement
While we have the right to monitor activity and content associated with LYKEO, we are not obligated to do so. And since we do not, and may not have the ability to, control or actively monitor content we don’t guarantee its accuracy, integrity or quality. Because community standards vary and individuals sometimes choose not to comply with our policies and practices, in the process of using our website, you may be exposed to content that you find offensive or objectionable. You can contact our Customer Service Department to let us know of content that you find objectionable. We may investigate the complaints and violations of our policies that come to our attention and may take any action that we believe is appropriate, including, but not limited to issuing warnings, removing the content or terminating accounts and/or subscriptions. However, because situations and interpretations vary, we also reserve the right not to take any action. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to any content on the website
Fees, Refunds and Taxes Policy
Right of Cancellation
The User may cancel registration for the Premium Membership by emailing LYKEO email@example.com without stating any particular reason. All Premium Members may cancel at anytime. When you cancel your account, your account will remain active until the end of your current subscription term unless otherwise terminated. Subscription fees will not be prorated or refunded for partial usage. In the event of cancellation, both parties shall be obliged to restore any benefits already received in accordance with legal provisions, and issue any gains (e.g. interest). This means that all activity related to your profile becomes the sole possession of LYKEO including all efforts related to SEO, SEM, etc. So for example, if our SEO efforts get your profile ranked #1 on Google and you decide to cancel, the ranking by virtue of the profile (owned by LYKEO) becomes the possession of LYKEO. LYKEO has the right to use the profile ranking thereafter however it wishes.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand and agree that the LYKEO service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and that LYKEO does not assume any responsibility for prompt or proper delivery, or retention of any user information or communications between users. LYKEO assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or existence of any communications between users. LYKEO expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied.
LYKEO makes no warranty that (i) the LYKEO service will meet your requirements, (ii) the LYKEO service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from use of the LYKEO service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the LYKEO service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the software will be corrected.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the LYKEO service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from LYKEO shall create any warranty not expressly stated in this user agreement.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
The User Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and LYKEO and governs your use of the LYKEO Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and LYKEO.
Limitation of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that LYKEO shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if LYKEO has been advised of the possibility of such damages). some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
The User Agreement between you and LYKEO, Inc. will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware without regard to conflict of laws principles.
LYKEO, the LYKEO logo, and other LYKEO logos and names are trademarks of LYKEO, Inc. You agree not to display or use these trademarks in any manner without LYKEO’s prior, written permission. The section titles of this User Agreement are displayed for convenience only and have no legal effect.
Please send any questions or comments, or report violations of the User Agreement to:
Attn: Support Department
3505 El Camino Real. Palo Alto, California 94306 United States